Sunday, December 09, 2007

8 Random Facts About Me (tagging meme)

Meme alert. Have just been tagged by Gary Hayes (of Personalize Media and The Project Factory) and tasked with sharing eight random things about myself and then tagging eight others to do the same. Whilst I share Steve Woodruff's reticence on the basis that it's slightly reminiscent of those hideous email chain letters, I'm not being threatened with disastrous consequences if I don't do it and I'm always loathe to turn down an invitation to talk about myself, so...

Here are the rules:

  1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
  2. People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
  3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
  4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
And here are my 8 things:
  1. I eat with my knife and fork in the 'wrong' hands (i.e. fork in my right hand, knife in my left). Not sure why.
  2. I can put my feet behind my head (though not at the same time).
  3. I've demoed DAB digital radio and podcasting to HM The Queen (not sure she was really feeling it).
  4. My father appeared on Mastermind on 23rd March 1986 (unfortunately he wore matching yellow socks and tie, swore after giving a wrong answer and, er, came last).
  5. I play the piano, guitar and harmonica. All very badly.
  6. I lost 2 stone (c.13 kilos) aged seventeen when I fell in love for the first time (bless).
  7. I am wholly at the mercy of Steve Jobs. In the last 4 years I have bought one iBook, 2 PowerBooks, 2 MacBooks and 5 iPods (a mini, a classic, 2 nanos and a touch). Rest assured most of them have now found new homes.
  8. One of my tutors at university was Linda Ruth Williams, leading authority on erotic thrillers and wife of Five Live film critic, Mark Kermode.
That's my eight. I'm now proffering the baton / throwing down the gauntlet to this unsuspecting lot:

James Cridland (done)
Jo Twist
Martin Belam (done)
Nick Reynolds
Richard Titus
Robin Hamman
Roo Reynolds
Tom Coates

1 comment:

James Cridland said...

Damn you, Taylor.