Tuesday, February 19, 2008

On turning three, leaving blogspot and becoming a dot-com



fabric of folly is three years old today so, to celebrate, I've decided to take the plunge and move this blog off the much maligned blogspot domain (with it's 77% splogs) and on to my previously dormant .com address. Whilst I'm guessing I may take a hit in terms of Googlejuice, all old links should be automatically redirected and, thanks to FeedBurner (yet another Google property), there shouldn't be any disruption to my RSS feed (let me know if you spot any weirdness).

If you'd like to join in the birthday festivities please feel free to make use of the newly added tip jar in the column to the right (replicated below for the terminally lazy / those using feedreaders). The default donation is 10 pence so don't be shy... ;-)

Leave a tip!

Related fabric of folly posts:
On being misidentified as a splog
Blogger beta & fabric of folly 2.0
Losing my blogging virginity

Photo: Damgaard. Used under licence

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Blogirthday! (not too sure that word is become trendy, maybe blirthday is better?)

Dan Taylor said...

Thanks Willem :)