Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Top 20 Best Tracks of 2008

Hot on the heels of my round up of 2008's best long plays, below is a run down of the top twenty tracks which have most tickled my musical fancy over the past 12 months, including a couple of shameless pop confections (stand up Katy Perry and The Ting Tings). As always, let me know what epic choons I've overlooked...

1. One Day Like This - Elbow



2. Colette - Langhorne Slim



3. I Stand Corrected - Vampire Weekend



4. Kids - MGMT



5. Sex on Fire - Kings of Leon



6. You Don't Know Me - Ben Folds feat. Regina Spektor



7. That's Not My Name - The Ting Tings



8. I Kissed a Girl - Katy Perry



9. Skinny Love - Bon Iver



10. Modern Guilt - Beck



11. Hey Ma - James



12. White Winter Hymnal - Fleet Foxes



13. Butterflies And Hurricanes - Muse



14. A&E - Goldfrapp



15. Pork And Beans - Weezer



16. Dig, Lararus, Dig!!! - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds



17. Dr. Yang - Ben Folds



18. M79 - Vampire Weekend



19. Time To Pretend - MGMT



20. The Greatest Man That Ever Lived - Weezer



Related posts:
Best Albums of 2008
Top 20 singles of the year (2006)

No comments: